Alex
Anthony
Charmaine
Drea
Drey
Elena
Erin
Eugene
Evon
Jorin
Kenny
Linda
Lin Xin
Melissa
Rachie
Sok Yin
Stephie
Suet Ying
Tiang
Yee Ling
Been 4 days since my return from Taipei.
That place is HOT.
The temperature there scales upwards from 37 degree Celsius.
Everyday there just feels like constant baking under the sun.
Shopping there aren’t exactly cheap.
I managed to bag home about 20 odd pairs of earrings
(per pair at a shocking average of S$10+), apparels, bags and sandals.
Initially I couldn’t get used to the mandarin speaking environment
as well as the hygiene and cleanliness level in the night markets.
Thankfully the boy was around to ease the tension and to render aid.
For my bank of Chinese vocabulary is hopelessly limited.)
It was so terrible that the taxi driver assumed that I was from Hong Kong.
Everyday there was just shopping for me and eating for the boy.
He would be craving for snacks at every 2 hours interval
and I would be busy exploring the venue and hunting for buys.
_______________
We visited the garment wholesale area.
The area is huge with loads and loads of garment spilling all over the place.
However, I did NOT manage to buy a single piece of apparel from the ENTIRE WHOLESALE AREA.
To think that prior to visiting the market, I was hoping that I would be able to get a good deal.
In the end, NO DEAL!
_______________
The infrastructure there is interestingly dangerous.
They’ve got no barriers segregating opposing traffic on the same carriageway.
It allows vehicles to make u-turns at any angle, anywhere along any road.
Additional to that, vehicles (especially motor-cycles)
can dash through the shopping district
and they can even squeeze through the night markets and the wholesale areas.
Once again, credit be given to the boy for, I’m back safely in one piece.
At so many attempts I was so close to being ramped up by the motorists.
Thank you darling!
We’ll go back there again some time soon.
________________