Alex
Anthony
Charmaine
Drea
Drey
Elena
Erin
Eugene
Evon
Jorin
Kenny
Linda
Lin Xin
Melissa
Rachie
Sok Yin
Stephie
Suet Ying
Tiang
Yee Ling
___________
This adage I hear so often,
yet I pay no attention to.
Ignorantly,
thinking that it will not concern me in many years to come.
___________
Wednesday
...I anticipated the arrival of Wed night,
for it was supposedly,a fun night-out with the girls.
Midway through partying,
my babe told me a friend passed away in Brunei during training.
I thought she was kidding.
Next,
I missed a call.
Then,
came an sms.
___________
The message read:
My dear, Clifton passed away earlier today.
___________
After reading the message, my heart sank.
I was in a state of shock and total disbelief.
I couldn’t bring myself to believe that this could happened to my friend.
...
..
.
Thoughts started to rush through my mind...
What happened to him?
Did they do all they could to save him?
What were his last words?
How is his family gonna cope?
___________
Whenever I hear of the passing of boys in army,
I don’t give much thought to it.
It never occurred to me that this could happen to a friend of mine.
...
..
.
My sincere condolences to the bereaved family.
May he rest in peace.