Alex
Anthony
Charmaine
Drea
Drey
Elena
Erin
Eugene
Evon
Jorin
Kenny
Linda
Lin Xin
Melissa
Rachie
Sok Yin
Stephie
Suet Ying
Tiang
Yee Ling
Every time you go away, you take a piece of me with you.
______________
Yesterday night, my once peaceful and quiet bathroom turned into a battlefield.
A battlefield comprising 2 sides,
1: Yours truly
VS
2: A sickening cockroach.
It was about 130am, the Yang fam were all in their respective dreamland except me.
I was on the line speaking and giggling into the mouthpiece while I entered the bathroom.
I was fidgeting around in the dark, trying to get hold of my toothbrush while waiting for the light to come on.
2 seconds later when the light was BRIGHT and CLEAR,
to my horror I was facing this black sickening cockroach trying to run towards the direction of my toothbrush.
I ran outta the bathroom as though I was running for my life,
screaming into the mouthpiece giving my dearest receiver a shock.
“Arrrrghhhh cockroach... OMG.... cockroach!! ”
( My dearest receiver LAUGHED at me. )
That split second, I was torn between grabbing the newspaper behind me to SMACK hard at the roach or to run 2 steps away to get the pesticide.
I decided to grab the pesticide instead.
(I figured that even if I had the luck to capture it, I wouldn’t have the balls to squash it. Also, if the darn thing flew I would go bonkers. )
My initial plan was to spray the pesticide at the roach long and hard at the same spot until it collapses but the plan failed because there were so many areas I couldn’t spray at.
During the entire ½ hour frenzy , I was running in and outta the bathroom, screaming (as soft as I could.) and spraying the pesticide at the roach.
Finally , my saviour came.
Papa Yang was awaken by my soft screams.
Certainly, he wasn’t too pleased but at that moment I couldn’t care less.
All i did was: daddy I’m very scared the roach just won’t die.
I handed him the pesticide and ran away saying I dun wanna brush my teeth anymore!
5 minutes later, I ended up using a new toothbrush, this time round brushing my teeth in another bathroom.
That concluded the end of war.
___________
What’s happened to all my zeal and passion?
Where did the goals go to?
Do we exchange our values for the things we yearn for?
- I don’t think this trade-off is worthwhile.
Sometimes temptation is so alluring. It blurs our vision and puts our willpower to the test.
__________
Once again, it’s the time of the year that Santa comes down for a ride.
I can’t seem to bring my eyes off those blinking lights along orchard.
This year the theme seems to be revolving around toy soldiers and ballerinas!
Aren’t those ballerinas just B E A U T I F U L?
Oh wells....
Pictures...
_____________