Alex
Anthony
Charmaine
Drea
Drey
Elena
Erin
Eugene
Evon
Jorin
Kenny
Linda
Lin Xin
Melissa
Rachie
Sok Yin
Stephie
Suet Ying
Tiang
Yee Ling
Mates that saw me thru since year 1. "Harry Potter" with "Harry Potties." Again: Beloved Yangs.
Grad Ceremony.
Monday marks my official graduation from Temasek Polytechnic.
It was indeed a tiresome day.
Met the girls and we cabbed down to school early.
Our session was at: 930.
For some reasons we were supposed to be in campus by: 830.
But of cause, we starting catching up and snapping away.
Prior to Mon, I’ve been suffering from yet another episode of allergy.
Overdosing on pills was but an understatement.
Everyday the usual symptoms: teary eyes with super “tappy” nose.
Been praying for better condition on Monday.
Sad to say, my prayers were left unanswered.
I STILL had those irritable symptoms.
Needless to say, no contacts for moi.
Gotto make do with the studious image by fitting the frame with specs.
All of us went thru the same process.
Dressing up, queuing up, shaking hands, smiling for the cam.
After the whole ceremony was over, ni, seng & I went for lunch at Sakae.
Shopped a lil then I headed home.
After a good bathe, I went for my first practical lesson.
After lesson, I met up with the boy.
My whole day was literally packed.
Was totally worn out by end-day.
_____________
Memoirs
Recollection of the days we spent at campus.
Year 1:
Was the most memorable year for me.
TP din at all feel like second home to me, unlike SJC.
Then I was Class Rep.
52 was the most rowdy class amongst all the other year 1 classes.
. Recalled the times during the orientation camp.
. Skipping lessons for movies in TM.
. Copying tutorials.
. Giving names to others.
. The lunch sessions whereby the WHOLE CLASS eats together by the benches outside Biz Park.
. The games we played during breaks.
. Me, getting lost in school. (very often)
. Not knowing the way to school.
Year 2: TAS
This could be known as the most project taxing year for moi.
Like we say, the selection of team mates are of importance.
Without a doubt this statement is dreadfully true.
Sengster & I had each other thru this year.
. Those strenuous projects
. THE GROUP MATES. (or so may be called BUMS for Sem 2.1)•
. The loads of play and nonsense + work group mates (Sem 2.2)•
. Those tense moments during discussions.
. The endless rush to submission dates.
. Culinary sessions.
. Service sessions.
. Rasa Sentosa Internship / SLG internship.
. SENTOSA – TAS
. NEL - Harbourfront bus – Blue Line.
. Lunch at Macs, Shilin.
. Fare & Sqaure. – this was the school’s one and only pathetic canteen that has the worst caterer. Through-out my entire year in TAS I only had 1 meal there.
Sengster:
U rock. Thanks for being sucha deaqr to me all these time.
Kudos to this friendship we share.
Year 3:
Internship: for a freaking lengthy duration of 20 weeks.
During this course of which I met the Charlie Angels: Lin Xin, Rachie, Pennny + Moi.
Internship was the most tormenting yet fulfilling journey for me.
The times I:
. beared grudges and let it go.
. leanred the sad facts of the working life.
. met new people.
. life is pretty unfair, depending on one’s luck.
Anyhow despite all these complaints SIP was the time which I really learned a fair bit of skills.
To all my TP babies:
Without all you people, I wouldn’t know how I made it through the past few years.
Thanks for all the guidance and encouragement.
May this beautiful friendship stay.
________________
First practical lesson:
Given my subtle fear of being on the roads.
First attempt at driving was a humongous success.
Manage to learn till gear 2.
Given my rather petite frame I had help from 2 cushions in order to have a clearer view on the roads.
Also I had to shift the position of the chair such that I was sooo up close and personal to the steering wheel.
Looking forward to the next session, later in the day.
_______________
Whatever remaining still lingers and tingles.
Gone were the good old days I still reminisce about.
The irony of it all.
Unexplainable.
_________