Alex
Anthony
Charmaine
Drea
Drey
Elena
Erin
Eugene
Evon
Jorin
Kenny
Linda
Lin Xin
Melissa
Rachie
Sok Yin
Stephie
Suet Ying
Tiang
Yee Ling
whenever I spot the dental bus sent by the health promotion board
in my pri. school, the area above my forehead would turn gloomy.
The stigma of having to visit a dentist just makes me feel sick and delirious.
However lucid an explanation given by the dentist or nurses,
that the procedure would be free of pain,
does NOT in any way ease the building tension as I start to open my mouth.
Without denying, my first few visits to the dentist were certainly unpleasant.
Well, brushing and flossing just doesn’t make much sense to any kiddo righttt?
Anyhow, my last painful experience was when I went
through the process of putting on those braces.
Then, it was necessary that I had to extract 3 teeth
and also go through 2 fillings.
I recall how the dentist officer had to goad me into relaxing,
not focussing on the needle... ...
Before the procedure, when he applied the anaesthetic gel on the gum surface,
I actually pleaded with him to apply more of it,
wishfully hoping that the gel might just work wonders.
(Obviously when the needle went into the gum, there was STILLLLL pain.
The gel just toys with the psychological part of the brain only.)
I even recall myself weeping, just as he was walking towards me with the needle.
Eventually, though the jab was painful,
I got through the whole procedure safely.
The whole process of putting on braces wasn’t exactly a bed of roses for me.
In total, I had to endure more than 10 jabs.
(3 per extraction and 2 per filling.)
Tomorrow, I would be visiting mr dear dentist again.
I’m just crossing my fingers,
praying hard that I can avoid those painful needles....